The finest vacation from hell ever captured on VHS, rescued from the original 1″ tape!
BLOOD LAKE is the most fascinating — and stupefying — shot-on-video slasher that ever escaped from 1987. A group of unhinged party animals, including adolescent horn-dog Lil’ Tony, embark on a weekend trip filled with Jet Skis, a keg of Busch, and an extended game of quarters. But look out! There’s a supernatural killer on the loose who wears cowboy boots and a silk shirt with a rose stitched on it! Made by real-life friends from Oklahoma on a real-life vacation, BLOOD LAKE is a rewardingly lethal collision of ’80s slasher video-vomit and twisted cinéma vérité madness. From false metal soundtrack hits to gratuitous scenes of people sleeping, this might be the only movie in history capable of receiving a stamp of approval from both David Lee Roth and Andy Warhol.
- Transferred from the original 1'' master tape!
- Commentary track with director Tim Boggs' and Bleeding Skull's Annie Choi and Joseph A. Ziemba!
- Fantastic Fest screening Q&A with director Tim Boggs and producer-star Doug Barry!
- ASHES short film directed by Tim Boggs!
- Unseen 1987 investor trailer!